Mediation is a process where both parties meet face-to-face with a neutral mediator who helps them resolve their issues and stay out of court. All mediations take place in a comfortable setting at Katherine’s office.
Katherine offers a free half hour information session to couples who are interested in mediation, as a chance to meet Katherine and learn more about mediation, with no commitment.
An experienced mediator, she then meets with each client separately to learn more about them, their concerns and the family dynamic. This background information helps her work with the couple in mediation sessions.
Katherine is a member of the Mediate BC Family Law Roster.
As a Law Society accredited family law mediator, Katherine can:
- Provide legal information to both parties during the mediation session
- Give clients ideas on others have resolved similar issues, or how judges might handle a situation
- Guide clients to reach a resolution that is fair and workable
- Draft the separation agreement, which each client then takes to his or her own lawyer for review and independent legal advice
- Act jointly for the clients to obtain a divorce after the separation agreement has been signed.
Everybody wants to save money on legal fees. Katherine has developed ways to streamline the process and save time and money for mediation clients.